Shantal-Mod
Shantal-Mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73554018

hi there. i have a 54 plate swb transit. today i was at a round

Customer Question

hi there. i have a 54 plate swb transit. today i was at a round about, the engine was running fine but when i went to pull away the throttle didnt respond so the engine just stayed at tick over and the glow plug light was flashing, i then turned the ignition off then i started it again and then everything was ok. it happend twice. any idea what the problem is. thanks
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mark replied 3 years ago.

Mark :

Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

Mark :

What has happened is the engine management system has picked up a slight fault. This is why the light came on. It is an intermittent fault which is why switching off and on has reset the system.

Mark :

You now need to have a suitable scan tool connect to the vehicle to read what code was stored.

Mark :

Once the code is identified then finding the cause of the fault can be traced.

Mark :

Do you have a connection problem?

Mark :

You seem to keep stepping in and out of chat.

Mark :

Why is this poor service?

JACUSTOMER-zzyrbis2- :

I could work that out my self. I was hoping u could tell me What the prob was. Ok never mind.

Mark :

There are over 100 fault codes and any one of them could produce the symptoms you describe.

Mark :

I would rather tell you the truth than tell you one specific cause for your fault.

Mark :

No one can tell you the cause. You need to scan the system to see what code has been stored.

Mark :

If you thought this was the case, why ask the question?

Mark :

You could have been told a 100 valid answers why this would occur.

JACUSTOMER-zzyrbis2- :

I asked the question at about 7pm and you replied at 11.30 When I was in bed asleep.and u only told me what I already new. So Sorry but not satisfied.end of.

Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Please let me know if you would like me to search for another Professional to assist you or if you would like me to close your question.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Close the question.

I am sorry we were unable to assist you. As requested I will close your question.

Thank you for using JustAnswer UK,