Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Hi, My 54 plate 2.4 td , 90hp, Transit abs light is staying

Customer Question

Hi, My 54 plate 2.4 td , 90hp, Transit abs light is staying on. The local garage can't find any mechanical fault with the brakes and the diagnostic device is indicating no faults from the sensors ; so the mechanic is assuming no power to the sensors and hence is saying could be an electrical fault or ecu fault but I don't really want to pay them several hours for going through all the wiring .

Basically they seem to not know what the problem is .

Any help and/or suggestions would be Greatly appreciated .

Many Thanks

XXXXX XXXXX
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hi,my name is mike and I will assist you with your question.
This issue is fairly common on these vehicles. One of the wheel speed sensors is not working which turns the light on but often does not show a fault on the diagnostic tool. The only way to properly test the 4 wheel speed sensors is to remove them and perform a ohm test on each one. This is where your problem is going to be.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Apparently none of the sensors are giving any readings/values so the mechanic still thinks it's electrical/wiring problem,

thanks

If the mechanic is getting 0 readings from all of the sensors this has no choice but to be the ECU failing to communicate with the sensors,the ECU can be tested with a diagnostic scan tool with the proper programming.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Is there a chance it might be a wiring problem?
Is testing the ecu done with a standard diagnostic tool , but with the appropriate programme?
There is a chance however a wiring issue would normally only affect one as each are on it's each circuit. Yes this can be done with a normal diagnostic tool with the ECU testing program.