Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

Ford Focus 1800 cc on T plate will only run when the pipe from

Customer Question

Ford Focus 1800 cc on T plate will only run when the pipe from the rocker cover leading to the air filter housing is removed please do have a solution
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 4 years ago.
Hi there ,good afternoon to you

I assumed this is a 1.8 petrol focus

Ok the reason the vehicle won't run when this pipe is connected os that there is excessive pressure in the crankcase
Basically The engine chokes itself

The first check would be to ensure all breather pipes between the PCV (Positive Crankcase Ventilation )valve /oil/air vent seperator and the inlet manifold
Check the pipe work to ensure there is no collapsed hoses
If all the hoses are ok then the PCV valve and oil/air seperator shod be replaced as this is the most common fault we see over the years regarding your engine breathing issue

From memory you can buy the small PCV valve on its own but we always advise replacing the PCV valve and the oil/air separator together

The PCV valve is half turned into the oil /air separator this is located under the exhaust manifold (front of the engine )

If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know 
If you are completley satisfied with my answer /advice 
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER 
Kind regards in advance and have a nice day  

Brian