Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

2008 3.2 , 5 cylinder engine low mileage . Problems starting

Customer Question

2008 3.2 , 5 cylinder engine low mileage . Problems starting from cold brand new batteries , glow plugs , tried every which way to start it but continues turning over but not firing up ? Sometimes several goes on the glow plugs before firing up ? When warm starts first time every time ! Any ideas is there a soft ware up date ?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello and Welcome ..

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help / advise you .

First though - what is the mileage on the van?

What is its service history like?

Have you had any plug in tests / checks done at all on the management systems - and if so, with what results?

Rgds, MIKE......................................
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi Mike, the mileage is 17140 it has had a lub service , and has had no plug in tests done. What would a plug in test achieve ?
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I've been working hard to find another Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.