Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I have a 2007 2.5 TDCi XLT Ranger.First thing in the Morning

Customer Question

I have a 2007 2.5 TDCi XLT Ranger. First thing in the Morning it usually starts fine, but after running it for a few miles or longer it then will not start. I have replaced the Battery,glow Plugs,Fuel return Valve. Sometimes it will start when warm but most times it wont start at all, Unless you squirt some easy start. When it start no smoke is emitted, and it runs perfectly the engine is sweet. Truck has only covered 68000 and has been serviced regularly. Any Idea on the Problem ?

Sometimes you can be lucky and it will start when Hot, but most times it just turns over but wont start.

It runs perfect when started and will run all day with no problems at all.

Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 4 years ago.

Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to
assist you with your question.

From what you are describing this issue is consistent with the fuel pump electrically failing and overheats and is causing the issue that you are having.The fuel pressure needs to be checked and monitored and the fuel pump will likely need to be replaced.