Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

hello the diesel hatch on my ford mondeo is locked and I cannot

hello
the diesel hatch on my ford mondeo is locked and I cannot get it open. had the car for 4 weeks now and the first time I filled it up I just had to push the little cover and it popped open. stuck with just 4 miles of fuel left... please help!
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 3 years ago.
Hi there ,good morning to you

Ok i assume that the fuel flap won't open

Ok the fuel flap won't open due to a faulty fuel flap locking motor
When you lock the vehicle there is a small rod that pops out of this mechanism and locks the fuel flap

The fault lies with the actual motor assembly

To remove this and open the fuel flap you nedd to remove the dude boot carpet and look inward you will see the locking motor
To remove it just half turn the full motor assembly

You can just leave it removed if you are not to worried about replacing it

If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know 
If you are completley satisfied with my answer /advice 
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER 
Kind regards XXXXX XXXXX and have a nice day  

Brian
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have removed the carpet but there is just some metal boxing, no motor visible...

Hi there ,

Do you have your registration number so I can clarify the exact position of the motor
As they may have changed the set up

Sorry for the inconvenive

Regards Brian
Hi there ,

Ok I have just doubled checked the location of the fuel filler locking motor on a Mondeo in the workshop

Once the carpet is removed there is a cover /patch of sound deading pad peel or remove/burst this to access the motor from inside the vehicle
It is directly below the boot courtesy light area
The motor assembly is a half turn fitment

PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER 

Brian
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience: SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE