Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

hi, I have a 57 plate transit 2.2l and would love some help

Customer Question

hi, I have a 57 plate transit 2.2l and would love some help please. The problem I am having is starting the thin, this can ber anytime of the day hot or cold. If i leave the key in the ignition after about 20min it will more often than not start. Then after that it may take only two mins of the mey in the ignition to start, even then it doesnt start first time.
Now ive changed the key as i know they charge from the ignition I have had the starter checked and the relay by an auto technician and both appear to be working fine.
Please help!!!
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome ..

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help you ..

First - can you please tell me -

What is the mileage on the van?

Please give me its Full reg number...

Have you had any plug in diagnostic tests done -and if so, what are the results of that?

Do you get the "normal" array of lights on the dash when you have this issue - or , anything "odd" ?

Lastly for now - who has been doing the work / what type of garage thus far for you?

Rgds, MIKE...................................
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello there Warren..

I see you have viewed the questions I asked you re your Transit issues ..

I ask because it helps me to save you time to determine your fault for you.

If you can let me have your reply / answers, then is can get back to you to get this solved for you..

Kind rgds, MIKE..........................................