Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

Hi i have a ford conect 2004 diesel starts first time drives

Customer Question

Hi i have a ford conect 2004 diesel starts first time drives no prob every now light comes on cuts pull over switch off turn back on starts straight away can go a day or 2 without the problem can you help please
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 3 years ago.
Hi there, Good afternoon to you

Ok the FIRST  thing that must be done before going any further is a diagnostic fault code check of the PCM 
This is imperative to correctly diagnosing this fault right first time and saving you a lot of time and Money 
As misdiagnosis of this engine can be expensive 
The engine management system is very complex and technical on this 1,8TDCI  
Thus why a fault code is an absolute must when diagnosis faults 

The most Common faults on early connects were camshaft sensor issues (loss of signal)

Injector issues /fuel metering issues /blocked fuel filters are also common on the older connects
and this will cause such an issue eg glow plug light flashing and cutting out with immediate restart possible

Also an injector shorting out internally is an issue which can cause this and has no pattern to it and is intermitent

All the above faults are fault code pending as without the correct fault code correct diagnosis is very difficult thus you can end up with a Mis diagnosis and fitting parts the vehicle doesn't need

If you can get the fault code I can assist you with further help/advice
 If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know 
If you are completley satisfied with my answer /advice 
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER 
Kind regards in advance and have a nice day  

Brian