Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Hi, I have a 2006 2.0l transit and have a loss of power, this

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2006 2.0l transit and have a loss of power, this happens mostly when it rains or going through a lot of water. If I turn the engine off and restart this problem corrects its self, but can reoccur straight away. This lack of power does on the odd occasion happen when it is dry but not very often, it can go two months or more and be fine. No lights come on the dash and therefore nothing shows on the diagnostics. I have had all electrical connections checked and a new valve which works on vacuum changed (I Think it has something to do with turbo boost ??) but still a problem any body have any ideas.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.

Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to
assist you with your question.

From what you are describing this issue is consistent with the engine main wiring harness that runs through the fender well.There is a exposed wire somewhere in the harness that is loosing the connection and there for resulting in the issue that you are having.The harness is going to need to be checked starting at the ecu and followed back.