sean
sean, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Master Technician.
31670004

2L diesel 4x4 auto kuga 2013. Ive had a problem with the pdf

Customer Question

2L diesel 4x4 auto kuga 2013. Ive had a problem with the pdf which the main dealer reset but since then fuel consumption has gone through the floor, is there any conection ?
Category: Ford
Expert:  sean replied 3 years ago.

Hello, I hope the following is of assistance.

Usually if the DPF is causing the engine management light to come on there is a problem where the DPF can't regenerate. If the car does very short trips then sometimes this prevents DPF regeneration which the dealer will do a static regeneration to clean the DPF and reset the warning lamp.

If the fuel consumption is poor and the engine management light comes back on again for a DPF fault this would suggest there is an underlying concern where too much soot is produced from excess fuel for whatever reason.

I would perhaps just ask the dealer why the DPF was blocked, it may also be that the dealer did a software update on the PCM, if this is the case then the fuel consumption may be different until the new adaptive values are learned usually around 600 miles after.

I hope this helps but if I can assist further let me know and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to.

Best wishes and merry Christmas,

Sean.