Mike
Mike, Ford Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Hi I have mondeo eco 2011 with built in nav system - nav has

Customer Question

Hi I have mondeo eco 2011 with built in nav system - nav has stopped talking despite icon set to speak also the distances are now in Km but speed etc is still in Miles. Is there anyway I can reset this while in the motel car park
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help / advise you.

Im afraid that with this - I note that you have already tired the factory reset - if that hasn't worked, then the unit has usually developed a fault that will need Ford attention.

The only other thing you can try is a complete reset - and that means either pulling the fuse to the system so that its dead - or disconnecting the car battery... both for a period of about 30 mins - then re connect...and see if that will re boot it. It will if its just a glitch - which, does happen - but the issue there is, you will need the system security code to enter -for it to power up again.. You will have this in with your cars docs - but if you don't have these with you - the only other thing you could do is give the supply dealer ( of the car ) a ring -and see if they have the code on file for you - or can get the code for you...

Other than that above - you would need this system to be checked diagnostically Im afraid - as above, at a Ford garage.

The good news is , any repairs given its age will be under warranty - but that for now, in your situation, is the only way forward for you..

Im sorry its not ever so good news but given your circumstances those are your options here -

I would actually suggest that you give the supplying dealer a ring first before any of the above - they may be able to walk you through something even Im not aware of - it would be worth a call .....

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

Please do click on the "OK rating to Excellent ratings" service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.