Zoe-cssm
Zoe-cssm,
53774437

i went through some floods yesterday,and next day the oil light

Customer Question

i went through some floods yesterday,and next day the oil light has come on,i have changed the oil and filter today and ran it for about 5 mins,the oil light then flickered on and off atfer that
Category: Ford
Expert:  sean replied 3 years ago.

Hello, I hope I can offer you some assistance.

Does the engine run OK? Did it stop when you went through the water?

Let me know and I'll reply as soon as I can.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes it runs fine,no it didnt miss a beat when i went through the flood

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the engine runs great,no it wasnt that deep

Expert:  sean replied 3 years ago.

Hello again,

the oil pressure switch is located on the front of this engine so when going through water it may well be that water has gone into the switch or wiring for the switch causing a short circuit. There were issues with the oil light coming on through water ingress a while ago and a revised switch and jumper loom were available to prevent water ingress. The Ford number for this kit is 4763889, the oil pressure switch number will be specific to certain vehicles your local dealer or motor factors will be able to supply the switch.

Given this known concern and the fact you went through deep water I would replace the switch and loom first.

I hope this helps, if you need further assistance let me know and I'll reply as soon as I can.

Best wishes,

Sean.

Expert:  Zoe-cssm replied 3 years ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at [email protected] and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. http://www.justanswer.co.uk/ford/87twu-went-floods-yesterday-and-next-day-oil-light.html

The JustAnswer Customer Support Team.