sean
sean, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Master Technician.
31670004

Hi i have a ford focus 2013 st and the passenger footwell

Customer Question

i have a ford focus 2013 st and the passenger footwell lights are red and come on with other ambient illumination in car when i put the headlights on. I don't have the auto light option and passenger footwell red bulb which is on appears very dim in comparison with drivers side.

I have tried pressing the instrument illumination +/- dimmer switches on light panel but it doesn't appear to have resolved it.

Any ideas?

cheers

Andy
Category: Ford
Expert:  sean replied 3 years ago.

Hello, I hope the following is of assistance.

The footwell lighting on the new model Focus are LEDs therefore if one is dimmer than the other it's 95% that the LED is failing. All the LEDs are powered by the body control module and are coded so you can't just swap one over to try it as if you swap the LED positions the ones in the incorrect place won't work at all. It's unlikely to be a body control module fault as the output from this is the same for all the interior LEDs.

As the car is a 2013 model this will be repaired free of charge under the manufacturers 60000 mile/3 year warranty by your local dealer.

I hope this helps but if I can assist further let me know and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to.

Best wishes,

Sean.