Mike
Mike, Ford Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Hi is there a right or wrong way to connect the hoese to the

Customer Question

Hi is there a right or wrong way to connect the hoese to the heater matrix on a vreg 1600focus ie what way does it flow one hoes comes from the head does it go to the top pipe of the matrix or the bottom pipe. The problem is can't get engine to run at right temp allways on fast idle etc, also heater not very hot just had recon englne fitted they say nothing wrong.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is MIKE, Im happy to help you ..

As you have had a wait on your question - please just bring me right up to date with what's been done meantime - then we can carry on -

Kind Rgds, MIKE.....................................
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again ..

This is MIKE who replied to you..

You answered me by way of opening up a new question - all duplicates are closed to prevent you being double charged - I need you to converse with me here by using the reply button as needed..

As regards your question - no strictly it doesn't matter which way you connect them - they will still allow flow ok - but you can normally tell which goes to which as if you let the pipes "fall" as it were , they will generally align - but either way, it doesn't matter.

I would suspect that you have a faulty thermostat to be honest with this... In any event, what I suggest is to renew that - and then as you fill the system - its important to ensure a 50% mix of water / coolant - and then to fill the system - with the heater control on HOT - and then fill the system very very slowly - squeezing and pumping the radiator pipes rapidly as you fill it - This ensures no air locks and a success.

If you were to still have trouble - or, you could opt to do this anyway - fit a hose to one of the heater inlet pipes ( either one ) and flush the heater matrix through under water pressure - to ensure the matrix is not clogged which would reduce heat output.. then do as above.

Its important to use a 50% mix as well ---- doing as above should see this sorted for you.

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

Please do click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.

Expert:  dianne-cssm replied 2 years ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at [email protected] co.uk and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (http://www.justanswer.co.uk/ford/880sl-hi-right-wrong-connect-hoese.html). Thank you, The JustAnswer Customer Support Team.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again ..

This is MIKE who replied to you..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Best Rgds, MIKE.