Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

i have just bought a ford focus st2 with in built touch screen

Customer Question

i have just bought a ford focus st2 with in built touch screen navigation, all works ok untill i need to enter a destination, i touch the button and nothing happens, i cant find any help in the manual.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 2 years ago.
Hi there ,good afternoon to you ,

Ok i have seen issues regarding your fault where by the most common issue we see with this audio/sat nav unit is a software glitch (internal of the unit /module) Ford released a software update to eradicate several glitches /issues with the unit The latest level update is level 5.1 or 5.3?

This is detailed in ford technical service bulletin (TSB14/2009)

This software update can only be done at a main ford dealership ( if they have the disc ) as the update disc has to be ordered from bosch. , ( the disc is retained by the dealer and used over again ) A temporary fix when the issue arises would be to dissconnect the battery for a few minutes to re-set the unit ( Be sure you have the radio code )
This doesn't work on all units

If you need anymore help or advice please let me know If you are conpletley satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards In advance and have a nice evening

Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

do you know what the cost of the update is? if i dont have the original disks will this be an issue?

i will try disconnecting the battery tonight to see if it works.

Hi there ,

Ok the ford main dealer will charge you around 1 hours labour to carry this update out
The dealer keeps and holds the update disc as there is only one per dealer avaiable

If you explain your issue and reference TSB 14/2009 they will understand what you mean

If you are going to attempt the reset by dissconnecting the battery ensure you have the radio code
As I said this is a prelim diagnosis /reset to see if the fault will clear
It is always worth a try before having the update done

If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know 
If you are completley satisfied with my answer /advice 
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER 
Kind regards in advance and have a nice evening 

Brian