Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

My daughter has a Ford Fiesta 1.25 Zetec Blue 2008 It stalls

Customer Question

My daughter has a Ford Fiesta 1.25 Zetec Blue 2008

It stalls frequently and intermittently. For example yesterday she drove 70 miles on A roads/M-way and it was fine. On the return journey jt cut out around 30 times, every junction and even in the outside lane of the m-way when she took her foot off the accelerator. It doesn't stall when the choke is engaged.

I've had a diagnostics check done which showed no errors.

Any ideas?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 3 years ago.
Hi there good afternoon to you

Ok when we see your concern eg cutting out on deceleration or erracticly cutting out with no fault codes logged the first thing that should be done Is a PCM software update (this can only be done through fords ids software )
After the update the fault is usally resolved

In some cases I have seen the fault persist after the update in this case the TPS (Throttle Posistion Sensor) on the side of the throttle body should be replaced

I would have the PCM updated to the latest level and the KAM (Keep Alive Memory ) reset
This is an internal pcm memory of the idle/fuel values and if the fault persists replace the throttle position sensor
This is avaiable seperatly and is secured to the throttle body by 4x25 mm torx screws

If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know 
If you are completley satisfied with my answer /advice PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards In advancevand have a nice day  and a Merry Christmas

Brian