Mike
Mike, Ford Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

How do you clear an air lock in the fuel system on a ford 2007

How do you clear an air lock in the fuel system on a ford 2007 diesel van please?.

Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.

Mike :

Hello and Welcome.... My name isXXXXX happy to help you ...

Mike :

Can you please just respond so that I know you are receiving me here in Live Chat... then we can progress..

Customer:

Hi yes i am, i am in the office but the van is on site with my dad who has asked to find out this info

Mike :

Hi there..

Mike :

Sorry about that.. Ok - can you tell me what situation you have - whats been happening?

Mike :

can you tell me what situation you have - whats been happening?

Customer:

We changed the diesel filter, without first filling the filter with diesel. Now the van wont start and we are being advised that there is an airlock.

Mike :

Ok - have you removed the filter - and tried filling it and try again?

Customer:

Yes, we have done this.

Mike :

Ok - just to say, you do need a fully charged / good battery - so that it continues to spin the engine well while filling the filter and the injector lines.. If the battery is going down, it wont self bleed.... so do be sure of that.

Mike :

Now - if you cannot get it to bleed as above, your best move is to get a manual bleed device - you can get these cheap from any good car shop / motor factors...

Mike :

You fit that in the feed line - and manually pump the fuel through - We see a great many of these "self bleed" systems, that just "wont"... and you have to do as above.

Mike :

You can leave the "bleeder device" fitted- for next time - but as you are struggling, thats the way best / cheapest and quickest way forward on this for you.... It takes ten mins to fit and then bleed and you are away..

Mike :

Just be sure that the filter you have fitted has not got damaged or missing seals - thats a common "error" too..

Mike :

Is that all ok for you ? or can I help you anymore while here in Live Chat?

Customer:

Ok thanks..... i have passed your information on to my dad. Hopefully this will solve the problem.

Mike :

No problem at all- That is the way garages get them sorted.. If you need anything else , ever, you know where I am. I do just need you to now click on the OK ratings for me now at this point please... Thank you in advance for doing that ..and All the very best to you..

Mike :

Please dont forget to click on the OK ratings for me before you leave, as that is how Im credited for helping you ... Thank you again.

Mike, Ford Technician
Experience: Tech Expert