Mike
Mike, Ford Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I have a ford 2009 mondeo durotech 1.8 diesel it misfires,

I have a ford 2009 mondeo durotech 1.8 diesel it misfires, goes into limp mode and the engine malfunction light comes on. I stop the car and it re-starts fine and the light is gone. Had it checked on a computer, first time it happened number 1 injector open circuit code came up. It was re-set and ran fine for a couple more days but then it happened again with just a number 4 injector error. Any ideas what could be causing this?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is XXXXX XXXXX

What mileage is on the car ?

What is the actual fault code you are getting?

When you say " reset" - do you mean just that the fault codes were deleted...?

Rgds, MIKE.......................................
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes reset fault code not certain of code no that been done my my local garage and there not certain what route to take the cars only done37000 ml
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again Ken -

Thank you for that - thats fine.

Given what you have described, if this is a TDC -not TDi.. ( I meant to ask ) ..but so to save you time.. if its the TDCi... then you could have the fault where the injector has lost its programming. ( this does not happen on the TD... ).. but again - if its the TDCi, then that would be the next thing to check..

The garage will need the right equipment to do this - general fault code equipment wont do this - you would have to check if they have it.. If not, you will need to locate and use another garage for the injector programming that has the correct equipment and software - ( of course any Ford dealer can do it if need be )

If that then shows up on the machine as the fault - they will simply recode / program the injector/s and that will be that - that is a common issue on these. Usually they "go" about 80k miles mark - but of course can happen anytime - with age too..

If its found that that is not the issue, then the injector is usually in need of renewal - but at the same time, with Live Data testing , they can determine if that is the issue or if its an Ecu / pcm ( computer ) fault...

So thats the way forward on this one Ken to get this sorted now for you.

Do let me know if you need anything else at all -

Kind Rgds - MIKE.

...Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.