Mike, Ford Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert

son has a problem with central locking on hie ford galaxy,

Customer Question

son has a problem with central locking on hie ford galaxy, the key just turns and you can hear the locking clicking all the time, can unlock passenger door, but not the drivers door even from inside!!
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is MIKE - Im sorry to hear of your troubles..

There is usually one of two causes of this fault - either there is a bad wire / wire breakage /damage - where the wires come from the car body through to the door - so check inside the tubing there with the door open for any such faults..

If its not that, then you will need to remove the door panel and physically check for whats gone wrong with the actual locking mechanism inside the door - if its not a wiring fault as above - you will find the fault to be with the mechanism as above - whatever you find then, will have to be repaired to cure this issue - usually a mechanism failure - but you will have to check it that way.

Let me know how you get on - or if you need anything else at all...

Kind Rgds - MIKE.

...Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

we cant open the door even from inside so cant even remove the door panel or check the wiring!!

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again Richard - thank you for your reply..

I understand what you are saying - when I said that the wiring to the door would need checking - that is so as often the fault is in there - but in any event, the door has to be got open to do that of course... and so in any event again, the panel has to come off to do that ..

This is never easy at all with the door closed, but it has to be done. All you can do there is to as a tip, move the seat out of the way sliding it back as far as pos to give you the extra room to deal with the removal of the panel - again - in any event , to check the wiring and / or repair it - or to get inside the door, that panel will need to come off.

The only other way - would be to employ a garage , or breakdown company, hat has what is called a Lockout Kit, that can get the door open working through the glass seal - not all can be done and it will depend if its dead locked or not too if that can be done - but that is another thing to try... most people opt to remove the panel even though its difficult -to save money if nothing else... but that is another option...

Let me know if you need anything else -

Per the way justanswer works - I do just need you to please click on the "OK ratings" system for me at this point please - and for that , I thank you in advance.. You can get back to me if needed at any time thereafter - you are welcome back anytime.

Kind Rgds, MIKE.