Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I have a Ford Focus Sport 1.6 TDCi Last week and all at

I have a Ford Focus Sport 1.6 TDCi

Last week and all at once the following occurred (it appeared to happen when I pulled over to pick my son up and he got in the passenger rear door):

1). Interior Light (on auto) wont switch off - will switch off manually
2). Outside temperature on dashboard display reads ---
the Red ((!)) light is constantly on
3). Central locking is not working - I can hear the motor sounds to lock and open but just does not lock. The boot is in locked position at all times but realeses when you press the luggage key on the key fob
4). Front windscreen heaters not working
Interior indication & warning lights not working inside but work fine on the outside.
(I have not checked the electric mirrors).
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 3 years ago.
Hi there good afternoon to you

Ok the first thing to check and most probable cause is s loose multiplug at the fuse box
There is a fuse box /gem module located in the passengers footwell under the glove box
Can you have a look at the two thin multiplug on The bottom of the fuse box to ensure they are clipped right home as I have had issues over the years where by one of these plugs is just not fully home and was causing similar electrical issues with the vehicle
There is a green and a brown plug ensure these are right home incase this is caused by a loose connection at the Multiplug

If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know 
If you are completley satisfied with my answer /advice 
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER 
Kind regards XXXXX XXXXX and have a nice day

Brian
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Brian,

Thank for the advice above.

I have tried what you listed but this has not resolved the problem.

Do you have any other ideas?

Thanks,

Dorrian.

Hi there Dorrian

Ok can you pyshicalky remove the 2 plugs from the bottom of the fuse box and refit them as I have just been checking my notes in regards XXXXX XXXXX symptoms and they are exactly what happens when one of these plugs isn't right home
Theyught look home but I would remove and refit them
The plugs are pulled home by the clips
Eg ---- on outside temp and indicators not showing on cluster but working ok on outside

Regards XXXXX XXXXX

Brian
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok, tried that last suggestion but still no resolve.

Hi there ,

Ok can you remove the fuse box by removing all the plugs from it and check the condition of the pins in each connectors or pin condition or any signs of corrosion

The main reason behind your issue is a poor connection at the Multiplugs normally caused by someone's feet or a bag being removed from passengers footwell
Sometimes these plugs look like there home but nedd the clips pulled forward and the plug pushed upward and clip pushed backward at the same time to draw the plug fully home as its a fault I have seen many times

You will need the radio code when you have removed /replaced the fuse box

I can generate this for you if you require it

Regards XXXXX XXXXX

Brian
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Well, removing them all and placing them back in has done the trick. You are definately on my christmas card list.

Hi there ,

Iam glad our issue has been resolved

If you ever need any future help or technical assistance please let me know

If you have been completley satisfied with my answer /advice 
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER 

Brian