Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Ford Probe - when I dropped speed after a motorway drive the

Ford Probe - when I dropped speed after a motorway drive the clutch was sqeaky (resistant?) and the revs wouldn't drop. Ok in a high gear not in neutral or low. Help I am 120 miles from home and my own garage although I do have RAC cover.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.

1st check that the floor mats haven't drifted under the pedal and are somehow jammiing the throttle pedla open

if this is OK then take a look in the negine bay at the throttle to see if the cable is still fully in place and that the throttle 'snaps' shut like it should when flicked open by hand ( with the engine off)

as for the clutch

check the level of fluid in the reservoir at the back of the engine bay is up to the mark it'll be very close to the brake fluid reservoir

if the fluid inside is dark brown or grey then it should be bled through with fresh fluid