Mike
Mike, Ford Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

i got water coming in on driver side front and rear no damage

i got water coming in on driver side front and rear no damage to the under side of car
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name isXXXXX happy to help you..

This is a common fault but with different areas of causes ... One issue with these is the drains for the air con system, draining into the car - instead of outside under the engine bay toward the back - where the steering mech is. It would be worth running the car and the ac for a time -and checking to see if its draining out underneath as it should - or, if its not - then you will find its coming in, soaking your carpet - and running through to the back..

If its not that as the issue - a common cause too is the pollen / cabin filter - they can get water in there through a bad seal - so you will need to check that.

Other than that - you can get water welling up inside the plenum chamber due to blocked drains - and at a certain level, it will well / wash into the car - running in up behind the dash - so thats another area to be checked.
Also- a cause there can be a bad seam weld - you need to check for those too..

Looking at this from a different angle - they can also leak from the back... either the back door / gate seals or, the rear lamp seals. Lift the carpets etc and see if you can see any signs of rust tracks - water etc .... it gets in, runs under the carpet -and as you brake - it sloshes it down under into the back foot well - and if its enough of it , will run through into the front as well.

So one way or the other you will find the cause as above - its now a case of careful checking through the areas as above until its found -and then you can sure it as needed.

Let me know how you get on - or if you need anything else at all...I'm always happy to help more as and if needed -

Kind Rgds - MIKE.

...Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.