Mike, Ford Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert

Hi I bought a unregistered transit connect which was intended

I bought a unregistered transit connect which was intended to
Be a electric vehicle done by azure dynamics,
They went busy and I bought to transit connects without
The electric engines in.
I have now put ford Diesel engines in them but I am
Uable to obtain a certificate of conformity from ford
Is there any test I can have done by ford to get the certificates of conformity ?
Any help would be great full

Regards Paul
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello Paul and Welcome..

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help you..

I do note that you say you have contacted Ford customer service and Vosa ( now known as DVSA ).. I dont know at all of course because you haven't said, what they have said to you or turned you away if they did..

But generally , anyone needing a COC should contact Ford dept on [email protected] or, you may as its a van , need to [email protected]

Thats the normal route - but if you need , get back to me and we can look further -

There is another route too - check that out HERE

Let me know how you get on Paul - or if you need anything else at all...

Kind Rgds - MIKE.

...Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.
Mike, Ford Technician
Experience: Tech Expert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for you response I have [email protected] [email protected]
And also euro coc but they say there is not a certificate of conformity in existance,
The problem I have is these' s vans were built for electric vans like I said in my previous text but the company went bust and the van were sold off without the engines in.
Ford are saying there is nothing they can do and cannot/won't issue a certificate because they did not build it as it was Azure Dynamics .
I even tried the IVA (independent vehicle assessment ) with Vosa and they refused to look at it due to not having a certificate of conformity and it being a mass produced vehicle.
I have been trying for 9 months trying to get registered hitting my head against a brick wall everytime, ford just don't want to supply any paper work for the van at all.
Is there any other routes to go down I.e is there a test/ vehicle examination that ford can do to give me a certificate?
Any help is appreciated .

Regards Paul
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.

Hello again Paul- Sorry I could only just get back to you .

Thank you for your reply and the further info there - that does help / make the situation you have clearer -
I understand now what you are up against -

In which case - click on this link HERE Paul - that will take you to the Gov site - and will be what you need to progress...

You are in a similar situation for imported vehicles - but in your case, yours come under the Radically Altered vehicles scheme - So click on that - read through and go with that ... Im sure that will be your answer / way forward.

Let me know how you go Paul...

Best Rgds, MIKE.

.............. Please do click on the OK ratings system for me - Thank you in advance for that .. as that is important to me - Thank you -

Rgds, MIKE.