Mark
Mark, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Qualified City & Guilds
69494627

Hi There, Coles Auto Electrical here, got a 2013 Ford Transit

Customer Question

Hi There,
Coles Auto Electrical here, got a 2013 Ford Transit Sport 140, when you turn ignition on, head lights come on automaticly, customer has asked me to disconnect them, has he wants to operate his side and head lights as normal.
could you tell me if there is a fuse in the circuit or relay to be removed or is there a wire in the circuit that needs to be disconnected.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mark replied 2 years ago.

Mark :

Hello. My name is Mark and I will be assisting you today.

Mark :

Lighting technology in the Transit is designed to make driving at night or in poor conditions easier, safer and more comfortable. The large lenses of the headlights provide a high degree of illumination and can incorporate a fog light for even greater visibility. The optional automatic headlights will automatically come on when the sensors detect a reduction in daylight conditions: at dusk or in a tunnel, for example.

Mark :

You need to disable the light program with the ford scan tool.

Mark :

Mark

JACUSTOMER-103nbigr- :

Hello again,

JACUSTOMER-103nbigr- :

with side and head light switch in off position dip beam and side lights come on with ignition on.

JACUSTOMER-103nbigr- :

with ignition on, side and head light switch in off position side lights and dip beam come on. turn side light switch on, and dip beam goes off. Then turn head lights on dip and main work as normal, the customer doesnt want to drive around with side and head lights on.

JACUSTOMER-103nbigr- :

still awaiting more information

Mark :

The customer is going to have to.

Mark :

You cannot rewire the lighting system.

Mark :

What you can try is have the ford scan tool alter the software so that the function is disabled.

Mark :

I see you have viewed my answer and not rated it yet.

Do you need further information?

Mark

If not, then please rate my assistance.