Mark
Mark, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Qualified City & Guilds
69494627

can not open passenger door on fiesta 3 door 09 plate, can

can not open passenger door on fiesta 3 door 09 plate, can you get at door hinges and check strap if you take front wing off
Category: Ford
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Mark replied 3 years ago.

Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

Is this a damaged vehicle you are trying to open as it says you already have it open 3-4 inches.

Mark?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sorry mark have been away, no the door opened ok and then it was shut when we come to open it again it would only open about 3 to 4 inches

Expert:  Mark replied 3 years ago.

I think I would be removing the door panel first before removing the wing.

Most likely is the check strap has somehow become damaged. Removing the door panel should let you confirm this and work out a way of disconnecting it.

Mark.

Mark, Auto Service Technician
Experience: Qualified City & Guilds