Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I have a problem in that the boot on my 2010 Ford Fiesta 1600

I have a problem in that the boot on my 2010 Ford Fiesta 1600 Econetic will not stay shut. As soon as the engine is started you can hear the boot unlocking and the warning light comes on. Also, there are a lot of clicking noises coming from the boot area. Can you advise, please?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 3 years ago.
Hi there ,good afternoon to you

Ok the fault lies with moisture /water ingress into the tailgate release switch on the tailgate
The only way to resolve this issue is to fit a new tailgate release switch
The new switches have better sealing qualitys to prevent any possibility of reoccurance

The moisture cause the connections inside the switch to connect this sends a command to the BCMii (body control module ) which therefore unlocks the latch thus why you can hear clicking coming from the tailgate

If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know 
If you are completley satisfied with my answer /advice 
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER 
Kind regards XXXXX XXXXX and have a nice day

Brian