Mark
Mark, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Qualified City & Guilds
69494627

ford escort series 2 wont start

Customer Question

ford escort series 2 wont start
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mark replied 3 years ago.

Mark :

Hello. My name is Mark and I will be assisting you today.

Mark :

Does the engine crank over fast enough?

JACUSTOMER-e5qqj26s- :

yes

JACUSTOMER-e5qqj26s- :

yes . but if i leave the car for awhile it will start for a second and dieout if i try to start immediatly it will just turnover

JACUSTOMER-e5qqj26s- :

wheres the answer

JACUSTOMER-e5qqj26s- :

i told you whats wrong

Mark :

The first thing to check when this happens is if you still have a spark at the plugs.

JACUSTOMER-e5qqj26s- :

have a spark at plugs already checked that

Mark :

The next thing is to see if you are getting fuel and then cylinder compressions.

JACUSTOMER-e5qqj26s- :

how do i do this

Mark : You can start by listening to hear the fuel pump running. You can then try connect a fuel pressure gauge to see if you have enough fuel pressure.
Mark : To check the compressions, you need to remove the spark plugs and fit a compression tester to each cylinder in turn, cran the engine over and read what the pressure is. If there is more than 10% difference between the cylinders or if one is really low compared to the others then you have a fault.