Mike
Mike, Ford Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

transit van 2009 BK09XEZ I HAVE BEEN EXPERIENCING PROBLEMS

Customer Question

transit van 2009 BK09XEZ I HAVE BEEN EXPERIENCING PROBLEMS WITH GEARS JUMPING OUTOF GEAR LEAVING ME FREEWHEELING WITH NO GEARS I HAVE LOOKED UNDER VAN AND MANAGED TO CLIP BACK IN BUT IT POPS OUT EVERY HOUR OR SO ?? HELP !!!
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome...

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help / advise you..

You need to check on this to see if it is a cabling fault / connections - or if not, it will be a internal fault with the transmission itself.

But from what you are saying, it sounds like the clips are coming off the cable selectors allowing this to happen - so you need to carefully check / visually to see exactly whats wrong - ie, a break - worn part etc... and replace as you need.

On some occasions you have to change the cables - but you may just get away with as above given what you have described..

Do let me know if you need anything else - but that is the way forward on this one now..

Kind Rgds - MIKE.

.>>>..Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I NEED TO KNOW THE NAME OF THE PART I NEED ?

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again John,

My apologies , I'm afraid I was off ill over the last few days so have only just gad your reply.

Now I note what say above , but that depends on exactly hat you have found to be broken /at fault.. So what exactly have you come up with ??

If you can upload me a pic of the broken part if need be, you are welcome to to that if it helps... Unless you can just explain what you have found..

Rgds, MIKE......................................................

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again...

Im just checking if you still need help with this - you didn't reply to my request above ...so Im unsure whats happening - if you do still need help - just let me know.

If not , if we are done, I do need you to click on the OK ratings for me...

Thank you and you are welcome back anytime,

Kind Rgds, MIKE.