Mark
Mark, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Qualified City & Guilds
69494627

i have a 2004 ford galaxy 1.9 diesel. there is no flashing

Customer Question

i have a 2004 ford galaxy 1.9 diesel. there is no flashing light on the drivers door or dash, and when i turn the ignition on the vehicle buzzes and there vehicle will not start.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok I'll give it another day. But should you not get me an answer. Then please refund the fee.

thanks Pau2

Expert:  Mark replied 3 years ago.

Hello. My name is Mark and I will be assisting you today.

Does the engine crank over when you try to start it?

Mark.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mark.

No. Turn the key and just get a buzz. Like immobiliser is not sending current to starter motor and or diesel pump.

to me it seems its shut down on that side of things.

Paul

Expert:  Mark replied 3 years ago.

The first thing to do is try a jump battery pack or jump leads to see it is just the same. The immobiliser should not make it make a buzzing sound.

Mark

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mark.

no that did not work.

Any other ideas?

Thanks Paul

Expert:  Mark replied 3 years ago.

Did the engine crank over?

Mark

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

.No. As originally said nothing to starter. Am very puzzled

Expert:  Mark replied 3 years ago.

Does the red LED for the immobiliser go out when you switch ignition on?

Mark

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Mark.

as explained when I 1st enquired. There is no red light on the door or by the radio.

When I put key in ignition. All dash lights come on as usual. When I turn the key to operate starter motor. The vehicle makes a buzz sound. The vehicle does not crank.

I get impression the immobiliser has somehow stopped working. So does it reqire some kind of resetting?

paul

Expert:  Mark replied 3 years ago.

If there is no LED for the immobiliser then it does look like you have an immobiliser fault.

You will need the use of a suitable scan tool to check this. The scan tool will also show if the key is being recognised or not.

Mark.