Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Ford Smax Ecoboost erratic gear shifts only in Drive mode

Customer Question

Ford Smax 2.0 Ecoboost (2010) with Powershit DCT. Drives perfectly in manual mode but when driven in Drive (Automatic) mode it can shift gear erratically and some times changes gear with rev flare too.
I have had Transmission Limited function warning a few times, each time the warning clears by turning the engine off then back on.
I have had the ATF and filter changed three months ago and have also had the TCM/PCM firmware upgraded. The issues with Drive mode existed before these were changed and remains after the change.
What could the fault be ?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I still have no answer to my problem so I will keep waiting at the moment to see if anyone responds.

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.