Mark
Mark, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Qualified City & Guilds
69494627

Immobiliser Light Always Flashing On 2001 90 T350 2.4 Transit

Customer Question

Immobiliser Light Always Flashing On 2001 90 T350 2.4 Transit van and the engine will only run for 3/4 seconds after having the battery disconnected for a clutch replacement?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mark replied 3 years ago.

Mark :

Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

Mark :

I suspect the immobiliser has either lost key recognition data or the key is faulty. If you have a spare key and that is the same then it is the immobiliser. If the spare key starts the engine then the key maybe suspect.

Mark :

If you have only one key then you will need a suitable scan tool to check the system and reset the key data.

Customer:

Hi Mark,

Customer:

Hi Mark, It is not a key issue, as I can get a steady light now and the van starts for a few seconds. Have run a diagnostic and it appears there is no pulse picked up by the crankshaft sensor, replaced the sensor, still the same. It seems I may have to reposition the sensor to pick up the pulse from the single flywheel conversion, what do you think?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mark, Are you available to answer questions? Lawrence

Expert:  Mark replied 3 years ago.
Yes, I can answer questions.

Mark