Mike
Mike, Ford Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

The radiator fan has become unattached. How do I fix it back

The radiator fan has become unattached. How do I fix it back on please?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.

Mike :

Hello and Welcome -

Mike :

My name isXXXXX happy to help you ..

Mike :

Hello - I see you have joined me.. Is it the fan shroud thats come detached off the radiator - or the fan from the motor itself?

Customer:

The fan is attached to the shroud. The whole thing is unattached.

Mike :

So the black shroud complete with fan, has what come away from the radiator - back toward the engine..or, dropped through the bottom?

Customer:

Dropped through the bottom.

Mike :

Ok, the bottom of the fan shroud should be just clipped in / hooked in - at the base of the radiator - and the top is fastened to the top of the radiator - for some odd reason the fixings must have come loose and dropped out - It could be also that a part of the radiator -where it affixes, has rotted - you will have to check carefully... Then go with what you find. ie - if the radiator has rotted, it will have to be replaced as a whole before you can re affix the fan shroud / unit.. but its just a case at the end of the day of fitting new small nut/ bolt and washer to attach the shroud to the rad..

Mike :

I dont know if you have looked closely at it as yet - but you will see where the fixings should be quite easy... you will likely then have just holes where the fixings were -

Mike :

Or rotted area where the fixings should have been...

Customer:

Thanks. I'll have a look but I think this may be a small jog that turns into a big one.

Mike :

Umm yes ! Thats why I mentioned the rot issue on the radiator...its very unusual for this to have happened - so its either that..or its been off before and not re fitted tight - that could have happened maybe - its hard to know - but thats why I mentioned that to help you further hopefully..

Mike :

If you need anything else you know where I am.. Im always happy to help more if needed at all..

Mike :

Do let me know if you need anything else at all -

Kind Rgds - MIKE.

>>......Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me for my time etc - as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

Mike :

... please dont forget to click on the OK ratings for me before you leave.. Thank you kindly..

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Thank you very much Dickie for doing the ratings for me..

Im always here so if you need anything more, dont hesitate to ask... I will always get back to you if / when I receive any more from you .. or of course - anything else in the future..

All the best with it..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.

( This is NOT an Info Request ..no need for a reply.. Just a courtesy reply. Thank you )