Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

i have a ford 2011 c-max titanium with sony sat nav (not touch

i have a ford 2011 c-max titanium with sony sat nav (not touch screen) but the unit says no gps so i would like access to the sat nav the only part i can pull of is the top grill with the speaker showing how do I remove the covering over the sat nav, is a special tool required and if so what is it.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 2 years ago.
Hi there ,good evening to you

Ok the fault with your c-max is down to a faulty gps antenna (this is part of the Aieral base on the roof )
You need to drop the head cloth down to acess the gps antenna base
This repair is covered under fords 3 year / 60,000 miles warranty

If you give me registration numver I can check your warranty expiry date

If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know 
If you are completley satisfied with my answer /advice 
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER 
Kind regards XXXXX XXXXX and have a nice evening 

Brian 
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the gps antenna is at the base of the front window the one on top of the car roof is only used for dab radio and tmc messages.I have heard its normally the gps module connected to the satnav but I can not get access to the satnav to find out the part number of the gps module and order a new one. The car is no longer under warranty as it is just over 3 years old and just over 63,000 miles.

Hi there , thanks

Ok some vehicles have the internal gps antenna but from memory I don't know the exact location as every c-max I have had the issue with has needed an antenna base
If you can leave this with me I'll look into it further for you and advise
Thanks for your pateince

Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok

Hi there ,

Ok is your Aieral at the rear of the roof
And this is new shape cmax

Do you have your registration number so I clarify the exact setup

Regards Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

reg is EO11 XWY yes aerial is at the rear of the roof (used for dab and messages) and it is the new shape.cmax

Hi there ,good evening to you
Sorry for the delayed response

Ok I have been looking into your concern today and found the new c-max has 3 different levels of audio /sat mac unit Varients
On your titanium Varient the gps antenna is located at the front window behind the rear view mirror covers
The gps antenna is powered by a 5 volt reference feed

This will be the most likely and common source of your no gps message

PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER 

Brian 
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience: SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE