Mike
Mike, Ford Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

good morning, is it straight forward to repair a broken door

good morning, is it straight forward to repair a broken door mechanism on a 2009 ford focus cc pinafarina - lock works from inside but not from outside - have had a cursory look to see how to remove inside panel but cannot see any obvious removal points unles panel just unclips - many thanks
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help / advise..

You very likely have a broXXXXX XXXXXdle clip or, cable / attachment from the handle inside the to the lock mechanism - or sometimes, they just come disconnected.

As you say ,. the door panel will have to come off to gain access - once you are "in" the door - you can then look to see exactly what the problem is and then deal with as you find.. it will be easy enough to see whats wrong / fix once you are in there..

I will give you an image of a Focus front door -its not the cc model but its the same when it comes to panel removal.. for that click HERE.. and that shows where the fixing screws are to remove -

Removal and Installation

1. Remove the sail panel cover.

2. Remove the door pull handle cover by inserting and twisting a suitable tool into the hole provided.

3. Remove the 2 door pull handle screws.

4. Remove the screw cover, screw and remove the door handle bezel.
- Disconnect the door lock electrical connector.

5. Remove the window control switch.

7. NOTE: Four-door and 5-door models have 7 screws.

NOTE: The 3-door model is shown above - in the link I have given you.

Remove the 8 front door trim panel screws.

8. NOTE: Rotate the front door trim panel upwards to release.

Remove the front door trim panel.

9. To install, reverse the removal procedure.

So thats the way on this one -

Let me know if you need anything else-

..>> .Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE