sean
sean, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Master Technician.
31670004

ford transit 2000 no indicators left or right no hazards fuse

ford transit 2000 no indicators left or right no hazards fuse seems ok
Category: Ford
Expert:  sean replied 3 years ago.

Hello, I hope I can offer you some assistance.

Is this an early up to 2000 Transit or a 2000 to 2006 Transit? Do you have the chassis number so I can obtain the correct wiring details?

Let me know and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

vehicle identification number wfolxxbdvlxp7969

transit 100 05d

Expert:  sean replied 3 years ago.

Hello again,

sorry that VIN isn't valid, there is a digit missing. Let me know the new VIN or just if it's a newer shape Transit 2000 to 2006.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it is the old shape ie not square at the back the vin number is XXXXX as per log book

Expert:  sean replied 3 years ago.

Hello again,

the VIN should be 17 digits long, there is usually 5 numbers at the end not 4. Is the van the same as the 1st image or 2nd? I want to make sure I give you the correct information.

graphic

graphic

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

image 2 vin number is XXXXX number in book wrong just checked it with door sil

Expert:  sean replied 3 years ago.

Hello again,

as the hazard and indicator lamps don't work then this is likely to be either the indicator relay or switch assembly.

Start with checking the fuses 8 and 14 in the fuse box inside the van, if these are OK then check at pin 1 (orange/black wire) of the indicator switch for 12 volts, if this is OK then check pin 2 (violet/blue wire) with the hazards switched on, if there isn't 12 volts here then the indicator hazard switch has failed. If there is 12 volts then check at the flasher unit in the fuse box for 12 volts at the violet/blue wire, if this is OK check the black wire pin at the relay for an earth. If both these are OK then check if the relay clicks, if it doesn't replace it. If the relay is clicking check at the blue/black wire of pin 4 of the hazard switch, this should pulse with the clicking, if it does then check at pins 3 and 5 for 12 volts with the hazards turned on.

Below shows the colour positions of the flasher unit.

graphic

As I said earlier as both the hazards and indicators don't work it's likely to be the relay or switch at fault but checking as above will help pinpoint the area.

Let me know if I can assist further and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to.

Best wishes,

Sean.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you shall check tomorrow it is to dark outside . time now 19.40pm

shall get back to you if needed.

thanks again robert

Expert:  sean replied 3 years ago.
No problem.
sean, Ford Technician
Experience: Ford Master Technician.