sean
sean, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Master Technician.
31670004

Hi, I accidentally put the catch down on the sliding side

Hi, I accidentally put the catch down on the sliding side door of my 06 transit Mk6 when oiling it. The door was open at the time. How do I release the catch so I can close the door please
Category: Ford
Expert:  sean replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I hope the following is of assistance.
If the door latch closed with the door open and the van unlocked then it should be just a case of pulling the handle as you would to open the door normally. If the door locked then unlock the vehicle with the key although the door shouldn't lock when it's open. You may need to use a screwdriver to pull the latch while you pull the handle that opens the door as the latch isn't spring loaded the weight of the door usually releases it.
Let me know if I can advise further and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to.
Best wishes,
Sean.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Worked a treat, thank you so much. Saved me an expensive garage trip.

Expert:  sean replied 3 years ago.
Glad I could help.
Best wishes,
Sean.