Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Hi, I left my car in gear as the car was on a very steep

Customer Question

I left my car in gear as the car was on a very steep hill where i had parked, when i got back in to the car i forgot to put my foot on the clutch and it jumped forward. After this the car wouldn't start, i had to get the recovery guy to come out and take a look. He opened the bonnet and said the cam belt i think was all ok and was spinning, he then looked at the fuse box and removed a fuse and put the same one back in. I then put the 3 button key in to the door and opened this way instead of the fob as it didn't work, putting the key in the door and locking and unlocking. I then jumped in the car and it fired straight away, what a relief this was!!

He said to me it was because the immobiliser had kicked in and shut the fuel pump down because the car thinks it was getting stolen! Anyway so this was great as i was on my way home and got back and parked up. Then two days later i went to use the car again and there was no joy at all again, so went throughout the same process with the key in the in the door but this time no joy!!!

Does anyone have any ideas what it could be, or any suggestions to resolve this?

Thanks in advance
Category: Ford