Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

I have a 2005 Mondeo 6 speed. If I loose all the fluid from

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Mondeo 6 speed. If I loose all the fluid from the clutch, does it affect my braking system or is there a safety feature in the Master Cylinder?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Hi .

The clutch fluid from the master cylinder has only the top 1/4,
so if you have a leak from the clutch slave cylinder it will not affect your brake fluid level for the brakes.

Some system have separate brake and clutch fluid bottles if yours is combined then as said above .

Need further assistance then please get back to me.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back with the reply box below and not the poor or bad service button ,
For further assistance there is no extra charge after accepting.

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Greg, So this is a safety feature so that in the event of a loss of clutch fluid, the brakes are not affected?

Please provide your professional qualification status.

Thanks, John.

Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Hi John .

This system is just to eliminate the clutch reservoir this is one of many ways the manufactures have to save on weight .
The reservoir is designed to feed both system without one affecting the other due to safety issue .

Rgds Greg