sean
sean, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Master Technician.
31670004

Have a ford focus 2008 1.8L Duratorq-DI HPCR (115PS) lynx engine. Does

Have a ford focus 2008 1.8L Duratorq-DI HPCR (115PS) lynx engine.
Does this have a wet belt from the cranshaft to the fuel pump and
a dry belt from the fuel pump to the camshaft?
If correct and both belts are being replaced what pulleys, tensioners etc. shoulc be replaced as well?
If not correct please advise.
What engine oil is recommended for this engine?
VIN NO WF0PXXWPDP8C07843
Reg No LO 08 CZA
Category: Ford
Expert:  sean replied 3 years ago.

Hello, I hope the following assists you.

Your car was built on 06/05/2008 and was first registered in the UK on 22/07/2008.

Engines (not vehicles) built after 03/01/2008 were equipped with the belt in oil fuel pump drive, as your car was built 4 months after this it should have the later belt in oil system, if the injectors and fuel pump are Siemens Continental this will confirm this.

The belts should both be replaced together, the lower belt in oil comes as a replacement kit with the guides and pulleys ready to fit. The camshaft drive belt is also available as a kit which consists of the belt and tensioner, Ford recommend replacing the tensioner with the belt.

The engine oil should be 5W-30 matching Ford specification WSS-M2C913D so a synthetic 5W-30 oil.

I hope this helps, if you require further assistance let me know and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to.

Best wishes,

Sean.