Mark
Mark, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Qualified City & Guilds
69494627

My problem is my car was acting like it was misfiring . Then

My problem is my car was acting like it was misfiring . Then the accelerator was not pushing the car as it should. On investigating the problem I found the positive lead to the battery was loose . Once I tightened it up the car was fantastic but as I was driving on the motorway it happened again but battery was ok this time . Could a faulty battery cause this problem as I have tested the battery and found it to be below the required voltage. The car is a ford focus convertible on a 09 plate .
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mark replied 3 years ago.

Mark :

Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

Mark :

This could be a faulty battery or a faulty charging system.

Mark :

There can also be a fault with the wiring to the alternator for the intelligent charging system.