Mike
Mike, Ford Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I have a 56 plate fiesta 1.4 tdci whilst it runs fine in normal

I have a 56 plate fiesta 1.4 tdci whilst it runs fine in normal traffic it seems to hesitate on acceleration between 2500 and 3000 rpm and occasionally chucks out excessive smoke (i have black soot deposits on the rear bumper near the exhaust) Could it be a blocked EGR valve - the car is under warranty so I would like to diagnose the issue before it runs out.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help / advise you on this.

Certainly yes - it could be a clogging / sticking EGR valve -- or clogged system - the port where its fitted - Generally this should all be checked / cleaned when the EGR is removed to be cleaned and tested.

It could also be a clogging / faulty injector/s - this is fairly common on these -

It could also be a faulty Engine temp sensor - not the one for the gauge - but the one that tells the PCM the temp of the engine, which then in turn, controls the fuel system etc - it works a bit like the old "choke" systems - so if thats faulty - that will cause this.. as will a faulty air meter.

So there are several possibilities - they will put the car on a diagnostic machine to check for fault codes and then progress from there - but it should be easily sorted one way or the other as above for you - you have all the info to be armed with now should you need.

Let me know if you need anything else -

.>> >> > ..Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.
Mike, Ford Technician
Experience: Tech Expert