Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

Hi,i have a ford fiesta zetec year 2000,handbrake will not

Hi,i have a ford fiesta zetec year 2000,handbrake will not hold on a steep hill.I have adjusted nut by handbrake, to no avail.Any advice would be appreciated.Thanks Ken.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 3 years ago.
Hi there Ken ,good morning to you

Ok to resolve this issue you will need to carry out a rear brake inspection /adjustment
This requires the rear drums to be removed to inspect the operation of the rear shoe pivot arm
And cable assembly
Most times this issue is resolved by manually reajusting the rear brake shoes using the adjuster wheel at the rear shoes

You need to undo the nut at the handbrake first then adjust the rest shoes then tighten the nut back up
This is the correct way to adjust the rear handbrake operation

If you need anymore help or advice on this issue Ken please let me know 
If you are completley satisfied with my answer /advice 
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER 
Kind regards XXXXX XXXXX and have a day

Brian