Mike
Mike, Ford Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I had a USB stick with some 450 tracks on which worked perfectly

I had a USB stick with some 450 tracks on which worked perfectly in my previous car. In my new Focus it plays alphabetically, not consecutively. My dealer said I needed to create a playlist, but whichever programme I use it either does not recognise the USB media or plays alphabetically again. I need step-by-step guidance please. First Ford since 2000E!

I even tried re-naming the tracks with a prefix aa, ab, ac etc but made no difference.

Category: Ford
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Still waiting!

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im sorry to see you have had a delay on your question.

I'll be honest with you - I suspect no one has replied to you because the answer such as it is, is not good news -

Basically, there is no answer to this - I know this is the case with these systems - that at least at present, is how they work - even as you have described.

This has been the case with others - similar issues - with other vehicles and in time, the manufacturer will ( usually ) come out with a software update that they carry out for free ( when it comes out ) so that the play mode will operate as you are describing it should . Presently though, Im afraid there is no software out to change the way the system reads the stick..so there is nothing possible - at least not at the moment.

Too - Ford wont tell you when this comes out - Dealers get Tsbs / notices of such "fixes" as and when they come available - so it really is a case of every so often calling them to ask ...

Im really sorry there is no solution to this for now.. it is as above- but again, in time, when enough people complain to the dealers as you have, they will realise this is an issue their customers are not happy with and issue a "fix" as above....

Once again - Im sorry its not good news - but at least you know the situation now and the future - so to speak..

Kind Rgds to you -

.>> >> > .........Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.

Mike, Ford Technician
Experience: Tech Expert