sean
sean, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Master Technician.
31670004

first start my transit fires and starts first time. for the

first start my transit fires and starts first time. for the first 30 secs it will only idle no response from the aaccelerator. after 30 secs picks up ok and is fine for the rest of the day. RAC said it will be the accelerater pedal problem. This has been replaced but still getting the problem. 2011 transit 11 plate
Category: Ford
Expert:  sean replied 3 years ago.

Hello, I hope the following assists you.

There were many reports of this fault and if there were no DTCs stored in the PCM then the course of action instructed by Ford was to reprogramme the PCM to the latest calibration available but also the engine oil and filter need to be replaced.

It's very important that the oil used in the engine is the correct grade and specification, poor quality oil and incorrect specification is known to cause the no throttle response.

To get the latest software unfortunately means a dealer trip, they can also confirm the issue with regard to the oil, refer them to Ford Special Service Message 20624 which will show if they enter your chassis number into Ford OASIS.

I hope this helps but if you have more questions regarding this let me know and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to.

Best wishes,

Sean.

sean, Ford Technician
Experience: Ford Master Technician.