sean
sean, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Master Technician.
31670004

ford focus power sockets. replaced fuse, front one worked auxiliary

ford focus power sockets. replaced fuse, front one worked auxiliary didn't work
Category: Ford
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Many thanks - I am prepared to continue waiting

GorXXXXX XXXXX

Expert:  sean replied 3 years ago.

Hello, I'm sorry you have had to wait for an answer, do you still require assistance?

If so do you have the chassis number of the car? so I can obtain the correct details.

Also is it the 12 volt supply for the rear seats or in the boot that doesn't work now? I assume the front is OK, is this correct?

Let me know and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The chassis number is XXXXX
the power socket in question is situated in the box about 9 inches behind the
gear lever. This box is often used for cds etc.

Gordon

Expert:  sean replied 3 years ago.

Hello again,

fuse 109 that supplies the front 12 volt power point also powers the rear power point, fuse 119 supplies the rear most 12 volt socket.

Check that there is 12 volts at the orange and yellow wire of the connector onto the 12 volt socket, if there is then check the earth is OK, if both these are OK then the socket is faulty. If there is no 12 volt supply at the orange yellow wire then check at the connector under the center console at pin 8 for 12 volts, the connector is shown below.

graphic

Both these 12 volt sockets use the same earth point.

Start with checking these points, let me know if I can assist further.

Best wishes,

Sean.

sean, Ford Technician
Experience: Ford Master Technician.