Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

hi having trouble starting my van. i had been working in

Customer Question

hi having trouble starting my van. i had been working in the back of it this morning so lights were on and the battery had got low. fitted a jump pack and proceeded to try and start, every thing as normal engine turned over fine. one of the jump pack clamps unclipped itself from the vibrations of the engine turning. i think it knocked back onto the terminal whilst the ignition was on, now going to start the van i get the ignition lights on (no glow plug light now) but the engine does not turn. with the ignition on r2 relay under bonnet click very quickly

tested with ignition on 2

f15 fuse found 5v

R2 terminal 3 5v

R2 teminal 1 5v

R2 terminal 5 continuity to ground 

R2 terminal 2 nothing 

Category: Ford
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi

dont worry i've solved it now. thanks

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.

Hello and Welcome..

My name is MIKE - I was just about to offer help - but I see you have cured it now.. So Im pleased about that -

What was it in the end?

Kind Rgds, MIKE...............................