Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Can you please tell me how to use a danfoss night heater that

Can you please tell me how to use a danfoss night heater that is already fitted in my Transit van.Thanks
Category: Ford
Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.

For a start all the danfoss bit does is set the temp of the water in the tank thats is fed to the sink

The heater unit is an petrol fired eberspacher D5W and it warms the engine coolant to 70*c

Befor you start it check the pipe that comes out of the engine cylinder head runs down to the pipe on the inner wing and the other steel pipe joins into the heater pipe

Then set your heater to windscreen - full heat - speed 1

Press the R/H button on the timer, the heat symbol should display along with '60' this will switch the heater on for 60 mins, you should hear it start up, then a relay click, then after about 90 secs the fuel pump will cut in, you will see some smoke come out the exhaust under the SLD when it detects a flame it will go into full power mode, If it dont start up repeat the procedure by pressint the R/H button twice (fuel runs back to the tank if its not used), when the coolant reaches 70* the heater will go to idle and switch on the van cab heater.

If when you press the button you get like 3 relay clicks and a motor slowing then the thermal cut out has been tripped and requires replacing for about £70