Mark
Mark, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Qualified City & Guilds
69494627

i have a transit 100 T280, 52 plate, it has started cutting

Customer Question

i have a transit 100 T280, 52 plate, it has started cutting out as if it is miss fireing then the heat plug light comes on, if the engine is turned off and re-started it runs fine for a while it could be half a mile or 5 miles then is does it again, i have had several garages look at it but they can not find the problem, i have also had new glow plugs and diesel pump fitted. can you please help.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mark replied 3 years ago.

Mark :

Hello. My name is Mark and I will be assisting you today.

Mark :

Have any of the garages checked what fault code has been stored?

JACUSTOMER-n2g8treh- :

yes it is says that the exhaust sensor is faulty, but there is no exhaust sensor.

JACUSTOMER-n2g8treh- :

the van has been to 3 garages and a diesel specialist and the same fault comes up everytime, all filters have been changed and the turbo , injectors have been checked.

JACUSTOMER-n2g8treh- :

mark, sorry need to go to bed got to be up at 4:30, could you please send me an answer.thanks andy

Mark :

Can you tell me the fault code number?

JACUSTOMER-n2g8treh- :

No sorry all I was told was that it was the exhaust sensor,but there is not one fitted.

Mark :

Can you tell me what engine you have?

Mark :

Is it 2.0 TDCi or 2.0 TDDi?

JACUSTOMER-n2g8treh- :

2 TDCi mark

Mark :

I think the first thing I would look at is the cylinder head temperature sensor. This is designed to cut power to the engine if it detects the engine is getting hot. It could be faulty and sending a wrong signal.