Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I have just started having a start up problem, with my ford

Customer Question

I have just started having a start up problem, with my ford galaxy, the 02 model, 135 BHP, REG WAO2ZSG. I turn the ignition and it starts, but it won't accelerate, seems like a misfire, and it's searching for the other cylinder, but it's not misfiring. Turn it off, depress the clutch, and start it up again, and she's perfect, though even this routine does not always work first time. The problem is getting worse with time, any ideas please, my mechanic is stumped, because a fault does not show, on his computer
Category: Ford
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

From what you are describing this issue is consistent with a fuel injector that is not firing correctly at all times and resulting in the symptoms that you are having.
The fuel injectors will normally not set a fault code, the best way to test the injectors is by having a power balance test performed.