Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

my ford focus doors wont lock when i press the key fob the

my ford focus doors wont lock when i press the key fob the light flashes but the doors they dont open or close if i do it manually it still does not work i have changed the the mechanism and still the same
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 3 years ago.

Hi there good evening to you

Ok the first thing to check and most probable cause is a loose /not fully home multiplug at the fuse box
There is a fuse box /gem module located in the passengers footwell under the glove box
Can you have a look at the two thin multiplug on The bottom of the fuse box to ensure they are clipped right home as I have had issues over the years where by one of these plugs is just not fully home and was causing similar locking issues with the vehicle
There is a green and a brown plug ensure these are right home incase this is caused by a loose connection at the Multiplug

If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
If you are completley satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards XXXXX XXXXX and have a nice evening

Brian

Hi there ,good evening to you

How did you get on in regards XXXXX XXXXX central locking issue

Regards XXXXX XXXXX

Brian
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yea it's ok now thanks for your help